“Fatigue is an excellent gauge of well-being because it is a very hard symptom to mask. The only way to get rid of fatigue is to treat the underlying causes. Fatigue has many faces, but they all say the same thing – the mental and physical load are too great.”
– Kathleen A. Kendall-Tackett
Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?
Are you tired all the time?
Do you fall into bed at the end of the day, and despite getting a full night’s sleep, still wake up feeling unrefreshed?
If you do not jump out of bed every morning with a spring in your step, you may be suffering from fatigue.
What causes fatigue?
There are various reasons as to why fatigue is such a common presenting complaint. Most people today are living extremely stressful, busy lives, so it’s normal to experience tiredness some of the time. This tiredness generally resolves itself after some rest and relaxation. However if you are experiencing persistent and remitting tiredness regardless of getting lots of rest, chances are there is more beneath the surface.
Some of the things that may lead to fatigue include:
- Low iron levels
- Digestion and liver issues
- Stress and mood changes
- Hormonal imbalances
- Unstable blood sugars
- Excess body fat
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
As you can see there are multiple reasons as to why you may feel fatigued. Essentially, when your body is not feeling 100%, your body is signalling you that it is out of balance and needs some care & attention.
“Your body has a great intelligence and will always tell you what it needs”
How can naturopathy help with fatigue?
- Address any underlying nutritional deficiencies
- Nourish your body with nutrients to help manage stress and stress related exhaustion
- Provide herbal support to help reduce fatigue and create balance
- Provide nutritional supplements to help give your energy levels a boost
- Address poor energy production at the cellular level
- Ensure that your mitochondria (powerhouses within every cell) are working at full capacity for optimal energy
- Lifestyle recommendations and guidance for an elevated vitality
- Investigate the drivers of your fatigue and correct it
- Provide specific dietary recommendations to suit your needs
- Education on nutrition (the foods you eat) that can help provide optimal energy
- Support your body holistically so that you are bouncing out of bed with good energy
Optimising energy levels can significantly improve your quality of life and help you regain your enthusiasm for life, both mentally and physically. Our natural medicines can help boost energy production and give you back your zest for life!
If fatigue is an issue for you, contact us. We would love to help you fight the fatigue and improve your energy levels by choosing the right diet, exercises and supplements best suited to your needs.