“Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food.”
What is naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a holistic, natural health care that aims to restore health by treating the underlying cause of illnesses as well as disease prevention. It combines the latest in evidence based scientific knowledge with traditional healing practices to assist the body’s innate ability to heal itself when given the support it needs.
What is used in a naturopathic treatment?
To achieve optimum health of body, mind and spirit, naturopathy encompasses various modalities in its treatment which include:
- Clinical nutrition
- Herbal medicines
- Bach flower remedies
- Lifestyle strategies
- Bodywork therapies
And combines this with the use of a comprehensive case analysis, functional assessments and nutritional supplementation.
“We aim to support your body with good nutrition, herbal medicine and simple lifestyle recommendations to help you rediscover your energy and bring you back to balance.”
What does naturopathy treat?
Naturopathy can treat a range of conditions, whether it is acute, chronic, prevention or just for overall wellness. Everyone can benefit.
The range of disorders commonly treated by naturopaths includes:
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Digestive complaints such as irritable bowel, bloating, reflux and heartburn
- Women’s health – hormonal imbalances, such as premenstrual tension and menopause.
- Pre-conception care and fertility management
- Allergies and food sensitivities
- Detoxification and weight loss
- Cardiovascular and respiratory health
- Joint pain and inflammation
- Immunity and related conditions such as hay fever and recurrent colds and flus
- Mental health including stress, anxiety and depression
- Skin disorders such as adolescent acne and eczema
Is naturopathic medicine right for me?
- I am interested in getting to the root cause of my health concerns and don’t want to just put a ‘bandaid’ on them
- I want my entire quality of health and life to improve – not to just feel a little bit better in one specific area of my body
- I want a healthcare practitioner that truly cares about me and is committed to helping me experience lasting healing and well being
- I don’t want to be rushed through the healthcare process
- I want to experience relief and healing without relying on pharmaceuticals
- I want a healthcare provider that will really listen to me
- I struggle with chronic health issues that have not responded very well to conventional medical approaches
- I am not sick or unwell, but I just know that my health could be a whole lot better.
- I feel like I don’t know how to manage stress very well
- I am ready to make lasting lifestyle changes and will do whatever it takes to finally feel fully alive
- I know that investing in my health is one of the most important priorities in life